Friday, May 1, 2015

Back in the Saddle Again

We've already established that I'm the worst blogger of all time, yes? If nothing else, I am SO good at ignoring my blog. (Apparently though, I have nine drafts started, so I must have considered posting at some point.)

So let's see, what have you missed? I still have POTS (duh, right?); it's been three years now. My symptoms haven't changed at all in the past year and a half or so, which I guess is kind of a good thing. I would love some of my symptoms to go away, but I certainly don't need to add any new ones, so that's silver lining for sure.
"Back in the Saddle Again."
Photo Credit: Rennett Stowe via Compfight cc

I wasn't really in the mood to see doctors last year, so I didn't. Sometimes you just need a break. However, I only have my super-awesome insurance for a few more months, so I am back on the doctor train to make good use of it while I have it. I saw a new neuro in March for my constant dizziness. He is sending me to physical/vestibular therapy. He really believes my neck and vestibular dysfunction and probably some silent migraines are the sources of my dizziness. I start therapy next week, and I'm anxious to see how it goes. One of my other new docs said that she has patients who have really had good results from vestibular therapy, so I would be more than happy to add myself to that number.

I will keep this short for now. Just wanted to put an update out there. Since I am trying some new things for treatment, perhaps that will motivate me to keep writing. I suppose only time will tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment